You are one among them : )

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I'm just curious :)

Ok. Here I am after few years and it took me a while to find out where the New Post button is, which is expected having come back after so many years after all :) I am not sure if I will see my same old Blogger friends here but anyways I just wanted to put down my thoughts here as this is the place I always felt close with and also found a lot of good friends.



What's the reason behind this post? Just a series of incidents that has been happening around me and one that just happened over the weekend.

She is a mother of 3 and all the time that people hear are her sound of yelling at the 2 kids who should be about 8 and 10 years. And the kids rarely listen to their mom I believe, they are kids after all. Whenever I go out with my daughter I happen to see her either rushing out in the car to drop the kids or running some errands. So this week when I was walking past her car I saw the baby inside and the garage door was closed. Luckily the baby was sound asleep inside the locked car, I knocked the door and told her that the baby is in the car. She felt horrible and rushed to the car and picked the sleeping baby and started crying frantically. It appeared that the kid was left in the car forgotten as she was sleeping while they all went inside the house. Luckily the kid is safe and happily woke up after a short nap.

Well I'm not going to analyze the entire scenario but I just realized that most of us are always running behind materialistic pleasure and not realizing what we have in our hands already. If we have a house we want a car and then we want another house and then we want another car for each of us and then we want a lovely vacation and then a sophisticated school and then school is not enough we need to put her/him in all the classes that's available say it soccer, singing, dancing, swimming etc. When will we ever decide we have enough and lets live our lives peacefully. I know we all have to be ambitious but are we not missing what's in our hands already, are we enjoying that already? I have seen people be stingy about food, clothes anything and everything. I'm not judging but stating the plain fact, when will any one realize, "Hey you know what, I have sufficiently enough for me, my spouse and my kid/s" I'm not asking you to retire or go for a vacation all that I'm trying to say is, after certain point don't we all need to prioritize, care about what our spouse wants, what your kid wants? You might be aiming for a bigger house but end of the day she might just be aiming for a peaceful meal with the family. It can also be this way, she might be aiming for a diamond necklace and he may be aiming for a peaceful sleep as long as he wants on a weekend. Are we considering others need? By saying Others I mean your spouse, your kid/s, your parents? One might say, I'm working hard and being stingy and not spending time with my family for them as all I earn is for them. May be that's not what he/she wants after all? Well no one knows how long we are all going to be here, while you strive for the big house don't have the regret that you were not able to provide even a simple peaceful meal to her when one of you is gone? While you strive to get that diamond necklace don't regret that you were never able to just let him sleep peacefully or let him watch a game peacefully while one of you is not there for each other?

Are you going to give happy childhood memories for your kid/s or a memory where in you hardly played a role but let your spouse play a role almost equivalent to a single parent?


We all want to make money and we all want to buy luxurious things but think of the bigger picture, how much are you willing to lose to gain that and will you really be happy when you have gained it finally? It is only you, who can make that decision for yourself :)


Everything in this world is important and is attractive too but it is us the Humans who needs to prioritize if you are going to keep struggling and not live your life and also ruin your loved ones or if you are going to work towards your goal at the same time consider what your loved ones want too? Each of us are fighting our own battle which you may not be aware of, may it be at work or at home, but all that you can do is give that trust that you are there for each other and respect each others feeling and desires. We rarely do these especially in a marriage, we take him/her for granted. So today why don't we just take the time out to know what your significant other really wants in this life? :)

5 comments:

Swapna said...

Very true. Hope everyone understands the importance.

ravi said...

Welcome back Pons .. That's indeed after a long pause ... Almost 6 years ago and u just trigerred those memories .. Nostalgia !!! That was one awesome time ...n ... Awesome group of people ...

Anonymous said...

U brought me in tears :)

What great philosophies so humbly presented :) KUDOS

And welcome back to blogging .... U shud keep writing ;)

love
Ur biggest fan

Balaji said...

Good you are back!! Hopefully I can be back with such important issues as well!

Anonymous said...

searching for a like button and realized i am in a blog page :) .

நல்ல பதிவு பொன்னம்ஸ்..போதும் என்னும் மனம் இருந்தாலும், மாற்றத்தை எதிர்பார்த்து குறைகூரும் ஏமாற்றம்...

***
தமிழன்